Tuesday, January 24, 2012

67 Galaxie - Fresh Paint


It's been a while since I updated the blog- sorry about that! We had one of the busiest Decembers we've ever had, which is definitely a good thing, but it took me away from the office and put me out in the cold shop... I'm happy to be back in here where it's warm for a quick blog post!

A few months ago, I posted up some pictures of the 1967 Ford Galaxie that came in for a new roof. Our customer decided to go ahead with the rest of the bodywork, so we got rolling.


When I first saw this car, the paint was WAY faded, but it looked like the body was pretty straight... well, Travis showed me how wrong I was when he started smoothing everything out!


So, after a few days of sanding, primering, wetsanding, blocking, and a whole bunch of other processes for which I lack the patience, we got some color on the car:

Priming...

...painting the jambs...

...and finally painted! It's amazing that this is the same color- it was so faded from 45 years in the sun!

We've gotten it all buffed and ready for a final polish, but I'll wait for a sunny day to post up the finished product. The owner of the Galaxie is going to have the bumpers rechromed, and we're hunting down some new trim pieces for him- it's going to look like new!

As always, visit us at www.bcfab.com for the best deals on parts to build YOUR dream ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment